The thing that many people don't realize is that your energy isn't just how many (or little) you zzzz's you get each night, but more importantly, what type's of food you are eating. "A healthy diet is one of the key things that will help give new moms energy, It helps if you eat small meals every few hours so that the calories are spread throughout the day equally. Doing this will give you the long lasting energy that you need in order to take care of your baby and yourself.
Every time you eat nutrient rich food, you will start to see that your calories start to last more throughout the day. You will be full up for a longer amount of time, and you'll have the drive you need for those sleepless nights. We suggest foods to use as the fuel your body needs:
- Leafy greens
- Dairy -- skim would be best
- Lean protein, like fish, beef, and soy foods
- Whole grains, like Brown rice, Popcorn, Whole wheat Bread
- Fruits and vegetables
- Iron, helps a great deal if you feel you suffer from postpartum symptoms. Tofu has a lot of iron in it!.
- Vitamin C, if you delivered via C-section vitamin C will help greatly with the healing process. foods high in vitamin C include oranges, tomatoes, and natural fruit juices.